As part of our Ten Thousand Churches initiative, Joey and Yisel Zorina are in the early stages of planting a church in Tokyo, Japan. It’s our hope that after reading this post and catching a glimpse of what God is doing through the Zorinas, you’ll begin praying and giving so that they can establish a vibrant, Gospel-centered church in Tokyo.
One non-Christian, first-time visitor who came to our house meeting asked us, “Though I am not a Christian, can I still be part of the family?” In a nation where many have not even heard of the name of Christ, our hearts leap with hope and joy when people ask us innocent questions like this one. In a culture where truth is relative, Japanese people prioritize relationship-based unity over truth-based unity. Also, many young people remain fatherless because many fathers are emotionally and physically aloof due to their commitment to corporate job demands. Hence, many young people are looking for communities where they feel welcomed and where they are given a sense of belonging.
Thank you for praying for our home gatherings and previous events.
- After The Bridge Live event held on March 8, we had a lot of encouragements from all the people and leaders that were present. We thank God for making the event successful.
- There is a greater sense of camaraderie among Gospel-centered church planters, some of whom were present to encourage us at this event.
- It was a joy to collaborate with the 2Criminals Movie staff, including former mafia Shinada Kazutomi, who shared his life-changing story at The Bridge Live event. He brought his Japanese mafia friend who later showed interest in the Christian faith. Praise God.
- We had great support from Christian friends in Tokyo by their physical presence. And there was greater receptivity of the Gospel among non-Christians. It’s always a joy to hear how people show interest in learning more about Jesus.
- We are so blessed to see a growing number of both Christian and non-Christian volunteers.
- New younger leaders are taking on more responsibility as they are growing in the Gospel.
- Please continue to pray for God to raise up a healthy team. Please pray for our Easter program on April 5, our home gatherings, and another The Bridge Live event on June 6. We are praying that many will respond to the Gospel and come to the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior.
As always, feel free to write to us — a note letting us know that you’re praying for us is a huge encouragement. You can also connect with us on Facebook and learn more about what we’re doing in Tokyo by visiting our website. If you would like to receive email updates please sign up for our monthly newsletters and forward it to others you think might be interested. Thank you so much for your prayers and support.
If you’d like to make a tax-deductible donation to support the Zorina’s work in Tokyo, you can do so via our online giving page. When prompted, simply choose “Zorina Support” from the drop-down menu.
[relatedPosts title=”Related Posts:” num_to_display=”3″ no_rp_text=”No Related Posts Found”]
If you liked this post, please share it!